Easy Summer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- ¼ cup finely diced cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill to medium high heat or about 400 degrees F. Lightly oil grill grate.
In a large bowl, add the lean ground turkey, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, turmeric, cumin, yellow curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix together with clean hands and form 4 large patties, about 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle patties with a little more salt and pepper. Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until completely cooked and no longer pink. A meat thermometer should reach 165 degrees F.
Remove from grill and enjoy burger over salad greens or on a sprouted grain bun.
Recipe adapted from www.ambitiouskitchen.com