Makes: 10 large bars or 16 smaller bars
2 C old-fashioned oats
1 C protein powder (I use an unflavored powder but vanilla/ chocolate would work too)
¼ C slivered almonds (optional)
1/3 C craisins, raisins, dried cherries, or dried blueberries
½ T cinnamon
¼ C peanut or almond butter
¼ C honey
¼ C milk (almond, soy, regular milk, etc.)
¼ C unsweetened applesauce
¼ C dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Combine the oats, protein powder, almonds, dried fruit of your choice, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl mix the peanut or almond butter, honey, almond milk, applesauce and microwave for 30 seconds or until the peanut butter is soft.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray 9×9 pan with non-stick spray and press the mixture into the pan so that the thickness of the bars will be even when cut. It will be really sticky and sometimes I spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick spray as well to use for pressing and flattening the mixture.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour, cut into bars and enjoy.
Nutrition info: 280 calories, 8g fat, 40g carbs, 15g protein