No-Bake Granola Bars
(makes 8 bars)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Chex (or other cereal- Trader Joe’s Bran Flakes would be a good option)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (or your favorite nut)
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, optional
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Microwave honey and nut butter in a separate bowl for 45 seconds and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well coated.
- Press into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan (line with parchment paper for easy removal) and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars and store in the fridge.
Nutrition Information Serves: 8| Serving Size: 1 bar Per serving:
Calories: 263; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 32mg; Carbohydrate: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 9g
Recipe from: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/no-bake-granola-bars/