Dietitian-Approved Super Bowl Snacks!
It seems like every month there is a holiday or celebration where we give ourselves permission to pig out. It typically starts with Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, super bowl Sunday, etc. Pizza, wings, chips and other items loaded with sugar, fat and salt will be present at many super bowl gatherings.
I came up with a list of some healthier snacks that could be added to the menu. Dietitians have a stigma (most of us are aware of it) that we’re always watching and judging what people eat. We don’t necessarily disapprove of a food- splurge here and there, and I am not suggesting that you give up the burger or pizza on February 1st, but consider supplementing it with some healthy items too. Check out these dietitian-approved super bowl snacks below.
1. Multigrain chips + Guacamole
2. Fruit or Veggie Trays
3. Plain Greek Yogurt + Ranch Dip Packet
4. Caprese Skewers
5. Bean Burger + Sweet Potato Chips
6. Shrimp + Cocktail Sauce
7. Whole Wheat Pita + Hummus
8. Veggie and Chicken Kabobs
9. Avocado, Corn & Bean Salsa
10. Avocado Deviled Eggs with Bacon (or without)