CREAM CHEESE FROSTED PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oat flour (or you can use regular oats and grind them into flour)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TB plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 TB coconut oil (softened)
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
2 tsp. coconut oil (softened)
2 TB granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, whey protein, coconut oil, and stevia until smooth. Put in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with paper liners (or just spray with non-stick cooking spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and stevia. Mix together.
- Add the pumpkin, applesauce, yogurt, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl and combine just until the ingredients are well mixed and a batter is formed (don’t over mix).
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a knife inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before removing the cupcakes from the tin and placing on a cooling on a rack to fully cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, remove the frosting from the fridge and evenly pipe the frosting amongst each of the 6 cupcakes (if you do not have a piping bag, just use a knife to spread the frosting).
Per cupcake: 170 calories, 15 grams protein, 15 grams carbs (5.5 grams fiber), 2.5 grams fat
Adopted from: www.fitnessrxwomen.com