Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
I found this recipe on one of my favorite healthy cooking sites www.ambitiouskitchen.com and tried it recently. I made muffins instead of the bread and they turned out amazing! I also used ½ the amount of honey that was called for to minimize the sugar content even more. This is a great snack or treat for fall! Seriously. Try it!
Makes 12 muffins or 12 slices of bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of ginger
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan or muffin tin (if you’re making muffins) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- In a separate large bowl combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Whisk in almond milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for sprinkling on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes (bread) and 18-22 minutes (muffins) or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (1 muffin/ 1 slice of bread): 153 calories, 4.5g fat, 26g carbohydrates, 13g sugar (less if you cut back on the honey), 3g protein, 2.3g fiber
Recipe from www.ambitiouskitchen.com