Veggie Crumble Bean Wrap
(Makes 4 servings. 1 wrap per serving.)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cup veggie crumbles (vegetarian ground meat)
- 4 (10-inch) fat free whole wheat flour tortillas
- In a nonstick pan, sauté bell peppers and onion for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add beans and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mangos, lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Reserve ½ mixture for topping.
- Fill warmed tortillas with ¼ bean mixture and ¼ mango mixture.
- Fold ends of the tortillas over. Roll up to make wraps. Top veggie bean wraps with remaining mango mixture. Serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 416, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 12 g, Sodium 660 mg
Adopted from Juana Acosta, MS, RD