Baked in egg Baked Potato
- Olive oil Cooking Spray
- 4 large Russet Potatoes, scrub to clean
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups, lightly packed baby spinach
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped scallions or chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Prick potatoes with a fork and place on tray. Bake for 50 minutes, turning once, until tender. Set aside and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 350.
* these potatoes can also be cooked ahead in the crock pot. Scrub potato, prick with fork and wrap in foil. Cook in crock pot for 2-4 hours.
2. In a large skillet, mist with cooking spray and heat on medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, until softened, Add spinach and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until wilted. Remove from heat.
3. If needed you may need to cut a thin slice off the bottom of the potatoes so they sit flat on cooking sheet. Cut an oval into the top of each potato and scoop out the flesh using a spoon. Leave the shell and 1/2-1/4 inch thick. Reserve potato flesh for future use.
4. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Divide spinach mixture between the potatoes. Carefully crack 1 egg into each potato and top with a bit of cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes, to desired doneness of the egg. In a small bowl mix together yogurt and scallions. Serve with potatoes.
Adopted from simplyfitfuel.com